Sunday 19 June 2011

Sick

Today, I went into work whilst ill. Yes - I am that dedicated to my art. I'm not throwing up or hungover, because on those two occasions I would phone in and tell them they can forget seeing me at work. I do however have the worlds most irritating cough.

(I'll quickly describe it to you, just in case someone reading this has a cure for me)

It hasn't given me a headache, hasn't made me sleepy and I don't have a temperature. The cough isn't coming from the chest, its coming from the throat - I suppose one could say its a 'tickly cough'. However I am currently coughing so bad that I either throw up or run out of air and nearly die. Which would be awful. So yeah, if you know what it is and how I can cure myself that would be great because the boyf is sleeping over on Friday and I would like to seem all sexy like, and not cough him out of bed.

So every single one of my customers seemed to be a doctor today. They all knew exactly what my cough was, their cousin/wife/brother/next door neighbour/long lost friend in Austria had the same cold, and theirs had lasted for a week/a month/a year..

Cures ranged from warm honey, to acupuncture, to their voice box being removed.

God help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment